AGORA (Navy Next Generation Outreach and Recruitment Initiative) is a 3-year program designed to
- Provide high school and Undergraduate students
- Research training and research experiences
- Grooming and professional development, such as presentation techniques, personal accountability, coaching and mentoring
- Provide high school students, and undergraduate students - specifically underrepresented minorities - with the requisite research training and research experience so that they may pursue undergraduate and graduate STEM degrees and eventually careers within the Navy workforce
- Engage high school students, collegiate students, teachers, and university professors with Navy relevant research experiences that will help to cultivate learning in the STEM fields and recruit them into the HBCU/MI institutions as well as the Navy workforce in later years.